[mythtv-users] Parts of mythtv can access DB, others can't. Version 30.

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Mon Jun 4 05:47:43 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-06-03 at 22:19 +0100, Ian Richardson wrote:
> The debug just isn't giving me enough. How can I find out exactly how
> those failing parts are trying to talk to the DB?

> Jun  3 14:08:11 babylon mythtv-setup.real: mythtv-setup[11636]: E CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:897 (prepare) Driver error was [2/2013]:#012QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare statement#012Database error was:#012Lost connection to MySQL server during query

>From that line in the logs on the ticket it looks like it is
successfully connecting but then the connection gets unexpectedly (from
myth's PoV) dropped -- perhaps the mysql/mariadb logs will contain a
clue as to why it closed the connection?

The 012QMYSQL3 code has some hits on google -- I haven't dug very deep
but some of them suggest a db repair might be the way forward.

Ian.