[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 08:03:20 UTC 2018

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:35:02 +0000, you wrote:
>

>> Is there a way that I can make a frontend match a particular version of a
>> backend? I had created a backend a few months back but never got around
>> making a frontend. SO - if I were to do this - I am thinking why not just
>> make a frontend on an already made backend?
>>
>> It's a few months old, so I may need to do a complete refresh but wanted to
>> see if I should go that way or should I make a brand new install?
>>
>> I have always used centos so that's where I would be going unless someone
>> tells me otherwise.
>
> I do not do Centos, but if it has packages for MythTV, just install
> the frontend packages.  MythTV packages come as a set with matching
> frontend and backend.  And mythfrontend will tell you if it tries to
> connect to an incompatible backend.  Both the database and the
> communications protocols are versioned and the versions are checked on
> startup.

Look at the rpmfusion repo

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/6/x86_64/mythtv-0.26.1-5.el6.x86_64.rpm

is the metapackage that should bring in the 'current' build for Centos
6.  For Centos 7:

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/7/x86_64/m/mythtv-29.1-15.20180228.8.g925ceea0fb.el7.x86_64.rpm

# yum install mythtv, IIRC.  You may need the epel repo too.