[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:51:25 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 3:04 AM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 17/04/18 02:36, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:35:02 +0000, you wrote:
> >

> >> Is there a way that I can make a frontend match a particular version of
> >> backend? I had created a backend a few months back but never got around
> >> making a frontend. SO - if I were to do this - I am thinking why not
> just
> >> make a frontend on an already made backend?
> >>
> >> It's a few months old, so I may need to do a complete refresh but
> wanted to
> >> see if I should go that way or should I make a brand new install?
> >>
> >> I have always used centos so that's where I would be going unless
> someone
> >> tells me otherwise.
> >
> > I do not do Centos, but if it has packages for MythTV, just install
> > the frontend packages.  MythTV packages come as a set with matching
> > frontend and backend.  And mythfrontend will tell you if it tries to
> > connect to an incompatible backend.  Both the database and the
> > communications protocols are versioned and the versions are checked on
> > startup.
>
> Look at the rpmfusion repo
>

> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/6/x86_64/mythtv-0.26.1-5.el6.x86_64.rpm
>
> is the metapackage that should bring in the 'current' build for Centos
> 6.  For Centos 7:

the version I have (created 8/17) is:

 mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v28.0-104-g3930f5d
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20161120-1
QT Version : 5.6.1
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3
using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video
using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_systemd_notify using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl
using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2

Here's the hardware config of my backend - someone mentioned the need for
newer box.

#lscpu

Architecture:          x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:            Little Endian
CPU(s):                4
On-line CPU(s) list:   0-3
Thread(s) per core:    1
Core(s) per socket:    4
Socket(s):             1
NUMA node(s):          1
Vendor ID:             GenuineIntel
CPU family:            6
Model:                 94
Model name:            Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v5 @ 3.30GHz
Stepping:              3
CPU MHz:               3311.994
BogoMIPS:              6623.98
Hypervisor vendor:     KVM
Virtualization type:   full
L1d cache:             32K
L1i cache:             32K
L2 cache:              256K
L3 cache:              8192K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0-3

> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/7/x86_64/m/mythtv-29.1-15.20180228.8.g925ceea0fb.el7.x86_64.rpm

I need the same 0.28/fixes correct (for the frontend)?

--
http://about.me/adesai