[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Apr 17 01:36:03 UTC 2018

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:35:02 +0000, you wrote:

>Is there a way that I can make a frontend match a particular version of a
>backend? I had created a backend a few months back but never got around
>making a frontend. SO - if I were to do this - I am thinking why not just
>make a frontend on an already made backend?
>
>It's a few months old, so I may need to do a complete refresh but wanted to
>see if I should go that way or should I make a brand new install?
>
>I have always used centos so that's where I would be going unless someone
>tells me otherwise.

I do not do Centos, but if it has packages for MythTV, just install
the frontend packages.  MythTV packages come as a set with matching
frontend and backend.  And mythfrontend will tell you if it tries to
connect to an incompatible backend.  Both the database and the
communications protocols are versioned and the versions are checked on
startup.