Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 12:08:57 UTC 2017

Hi Dan!

> Does this remote frontend happen to be an intel based board?  For instance,
> I get really sluggish playback, navigation etc on an ECS Liva X2. I have
> found that the kidle_inject  process is consuming all available resources.
> I have yet to find a way to prevent it.  I get worse performance when I
> blacklist it.

Some are and some are AMDs, but when connected to BE1 the FE reacts
fine, when connected to BE2 the playback is fine but the FF and Rewind
is sluggish/hiccuppy/however it's described.

As for your issue I'll propose a WAG: perhaps the 'kindle_inject
process' is taking all the resources because it is trying to correct
whatever is being fed to it that is incorrect, so blacklisting/deleting
the process would allow whatever is wrong to come through stronger/more
intense.

Barry