[mythtv-users] Damaged recordings

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 17:54:31 UTC 2017

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 10:28 AM Jeff <jffry at posteo.net> wrote:

> On 04/03/17 18:23, Peter Bennett wrote:
> > Are you sure this is not a case of the program running longer than the
> > time slot? Is the actual recording length short?
>
> Absolutely. Typically a film starts on time and is then cut off after,
> for instance, an hour.
>
> The amount cut off is too significant to be a scheduling problem.

Run your mythbackend with 'record' logging (e.g. '-v
record:info,channel').  Then, after the next time this happens, check your
logs for something like:

 "Stopping recording on ..."

If you see that at the time the recording stopped early, then I may have
idea what the problem is.   Either way, post your logs and we might be able
to figure it out.

John