[mythtv-users] Damaged recordings

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Sun Mar 5 11:08:18 UTC 2017

On 04/03/17 18:54, John P Poet wrote:
> Run your mythbackend with 'record' logging (e.g. '-v
> record:info,channel').  Then, after the next time this happens, check

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 and therefore systemd.

Digging around what get installed by the mythtv-backend package, I see a
/lib/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service (which I assume I should not
edit, as it would get overwritten by the next update), which contains

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/mythtv/additional.args
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mythbackend --quiet --syslog local7 $ADDITIONAL_ARGS

I'm not sure what the leading "-" means in EnvironmentFile

I created /etc/mythtv/additional.args with -v record:info,channel and
restarted mythbackend, but don't see any additional logging:

Mar  5 12:00:42 pan mythbackend: mythbackend[6648]: N thread_unknown
mythcommandlineparser.cpp:2603 (ConfigureLogging) Enabled verbose msgs:
general
Mar  5 12:00:42 pan mythbackend: mythbackend[6648]: N thread_unknown
logging.cpp:920 (logStart) Setting Log Level to LOG_INFO
Mar  5 12:00:42 pan mythbackend: mythbackend[6648]: I Logger
logging.cpp:313 (run) Added logging to the console

Or should/can I simply just override this by creating my own
/etc/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service ?

Regards

Jeff