[mythtv-users] Intermittent macroblocking on Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH - Cure(s)?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 21:01:10 UTC 2017

Gary,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already started chasing those
possibilities down.

I found one unused cable wall plate that was connected to my distribution
amp and replaced the cable with a termination, but that didn't do anything
to the S/N.  Since I'm currently only using two of the four outputs on the
amplifier, I may try and see what happens if I replace it with a passive
two port splitter -- I know the signal level will (probably) be lower, but
it would eliminate any noise introduced by the distribution amp.

Testing at the demark will have to wait for later.

In regards to the QoS question, I'm not sure if this applies because the
Ceton is connected to a port on an unmanaged etherswitch (Trendnet
TEG-S80g, to be specific) and the MythTV BE is connected to another one on
the same etherswitch. If I understand correctly, if QoS were even
controllable on the LAN, I'd have to have a managed etherswitch/router to
set it up, or is there another hole in my "knowledgebase"?

--
Craig.