[mythtv-users] Problem with ttvdb.py

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:29:09 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net>
wrote:

> On 9 February 2017 at 08:19, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I'm missing some information about TV Season and Episode numbers in Myth
>> and decided to do a bit of research into why.  It looks like you would
>> run...
>>
>> $ mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all
>>
>> In order to fill in this information.  But there are still some
>> recordings that do not fill the information in, but yet it exists in tvdb.
>> When exploring this a bit further, I get a lot of output from the command,
>> but this one little snip is of interest.  It looks like it executes this:
>>
>> 2017-02-08 16:12:27.926741 I  Running Grabber:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N 272472
>> Pups Save a Blimp; Pups Save a Chili Cook-Out
>> 2017-02-08 16:12:28.325963 I  Running Grabber:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -C 272472
>> 2017-02-08 16:12:28.576924 I  Result Found, Season 0 Episode 0
>> 2017-02-08 16:12:28.576983 I  Returning Metadata Results: PAW Patrol 0 0
>>
>> If I look the information up in tvdb, it is definitely in there as "Paw
>> Patrol" S04xE01 and S04xE02, but mythmetadatalookup says it returns 0.
>>
>> So then, I try to execute the ttvdb command...
>>
>> $ /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -i -N 272472 "Pups
>> Save a Blimp"
>>
>> And the information it returns back is 'returned zero results'.  I
>> thought it was a bit strange, so I substitute the series id (272472) with
>> the series name, and I am starting to get some information back.  For
>> example...
>>
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -i -N "Paw Patrol"
>> "Pups Save a Blimp"
>>
>> This will then return information about the particular episode.
>>
>> Now "Paw Patrol" may be a bad example because the half hour(?) show has
>> two episodes in it, so the recording will place a semi-colon to separate
>> the two.  But, this is happening on more episodes than just this one.
>>
>> I think what the problem is that ttvdb searches on the tvdb series ID
>> instead of the name.  I was wondering if anybody was having a similar
>> experience or if this is a known issue...or something that I'm doing wrong.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> This is Correct, Mythtv and ttvdb have no concept of double episodes, the
> usual response is this should be corrected at the Listing/EPG provider,
> I had put some thought into writing a script to be run from a userjob to
> split double episodes but I haven't progressed from there

I did some changes to myth over the weekend and still thinking about these
double episodes.  It seems like this is my issue that I'm having.

You talked about writing a script....did you start?  What is your logic
behind it?

I'm thinking about writing something where if the episode number is empty
and a semi-colon in the subtitle, insert another row into the database and
split the subtitle up between the two rows.  I just don't know what kind of
damage I might do to myth by doing this, since I haven't checked out the
database schema that much...