[mythtv-users] Problem with ttvdb.py

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Thu Feb 9 01:17:44 UTC 2017

On 9 February 2017 at 10:58, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Anthony Giggins <
> seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
>

>> On 9 February 2017 at 08:19, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm missing some information about TV Season and Episode numbers in Myth
>>> and decided to do a bit of research into why.  It looks like you would
>>> run...
>>>
>>> $ mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all
>>>
>>> In order to fill in this information.  But there are still some
>>> recordings that do not fill the information in, but yet it exists in tvdb.
>>> When exploring this a bit further, I get a lot of output from the command,
>>> but this one little snip is of interest.  It looks like it executes this:
>>>
>>> 2017-02-08 16:12:27.926741 I  Running Grabber:
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N 272472
>>> Pups Save a Blimp; Pups Save a Chili Cook-Out
>>> 2017-02-08 16:12:28.325963 I  Running Grabber:
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -C 272472
>>> 2017-02-08 16:12:28.576924 I  Result Found, Season 0 Episode 0
>>> 2017-02-08 16:12:28.576983 I  Returning Metadata Results: PAW Patrol 0 0
>>>
>>> If I look the information up in tvdb, it is definitely in there as "Paw
>>> Patrol" S04xE01 and S04xE02, but mythmetadatalookup says it returns 0.
>>>
>>> So then, I try to execute the ttvdb command...
>>>
>>> $ /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -i -N 272472 "Pups
>>> Save a Blimp"
>>>
>>> And the information it returns back is 'returned zero results'.  I
>>> thought it was a bit strange, so I substitute the series id (272472) with
>>> the series name, and I am starting to get some information back.  For
>>> example...
>>>
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -i -N "Paw Patrol"
>>> "Pups Save a Blimp"
>>>
>>> This will then return information about the particular episode.
>>>
>>> Now "Paw Patrol" may be a bad example because the half hour(?) show has
>>> two episodes in it, so the recording will place a semi-colon to separate
>>> the two.  But, this is happening on more episodes than just this one.
>>>
>>> I think what the problem is that ttvdb searches on the tvdb series ID
>>> instead of the name.  I was wondering if anybody was having a similar
>>> experience or if this is a known issue...or something that I'm doing wrong.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> This is Correct, Mythtv and ttvdb have no concept of double episodes, the
>> usual response is this should be corrected at the Listing/EPG provider,
>> I had put some thought into writing a script to be run from a userjob to
>> split double episodes but I haven't progressed from there
>>
>> although that being sent there is some error in the command your running
>> as this works for me
>>
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N 272472
>> "Pups Save a Blimp"
>> Rather then what you ran
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -i -N 272472 "Pups
> [...]
returned. although it appears you get the same Traceback errors when using
the -r switch on working episodes ie.

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N 136941 "Ben
and Holly's Christmas (1)"
Verses
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -l en -a US -N 136941
"Ben and Holly's Christmas (1)"

Cheers,

Anthony