[mythtv-users] Problem with ttvdb.py

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Feb 15 16:22:31 UTC 2017

On 15/02/17 14:29, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net>
> wrote:
>

>> On 9 February 2017 at 08:19, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm missing some information about TV Season and Episode numbers in Myth
>>> and decided to do a bit of research into why.  It looks like you would
>>> run...
>>>
>>> $ mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all
>>>
>>> In order to fill in this information.  But there are still some
>>> recordings that do not fill the information in, but yet it exists in tvdb.
>>> When exploring this a bit further, I get a lot of output from the command,
>>> but this one little snip is of interest.  It looks like it executes this:
>>>
>>> 2017-02-08 16:12:27.926741 I  Running Grabber:
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N 272472
>>> Pups Save a Blimp; Pups Save a Chili Cook-Out
>>> 2017-02-08 16:12:28.325963 I  Running Grabber:
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -C 272472
>>> 2017-02-08 16:12:28.576924 I  Result Found, Season 0 Episode 0
>>> 2017-02-08 16:12:28.576983 I  Returning Metadata Results: PAW Patrol 0 0
>>>
>>> If I look the information up in tvdb, it is definitely in there as "Paw
>>> Patrol" S04xE01 and S04xE02, but mythmetadatalookup says it returns 0.
>>>
>>> So then, I try to execute the ttvdb command...
>>>
>>> $ /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -i -N 272472 "Pups
>>> Save a Blimp"
>>>
>>> And the information it returns back is 'returned zero results'.  I
>>> thought it was a bit strange, so I substitute the series id (272472) with
>>> the series name, and I am starting to get some information back.  For
>>> example...
>>>
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -i -N "Paw Patrol"
>>> "Pups Save a Blimp"
>>>
>>> This will then return information about the particular episode.
>>>
>>> Now "Paw Patrol" may be a bad example because the half hour(?) show has
>>> two episodes in it, so the recording will place a semi-colon to separate
>>> the two.  But, this is happening on more episodes than just this one.
>>>
>>> I think what the problem is that ttvdb searches on the tvdb series ID
>>> instead of the name.  I was wondering if anybody was having a similar
>>> experience or if this is a known issue...or something that I'm doing wrong.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> This is Correct, Mythtv and ttvdb have no concept of double episodes, the
>> usual response is this should be corrected at the Listing/EPG provider,
>> I had put some thought into writing a script to be run from a userjob to
>> split double episodes but I haven't progressed from there
>>

> I did some changes to myth over the weekend and still thinking about these
> double episodes.  It seems like this is my issue that I'm having.
>
> You talked about writing a script....did you start?  What is your logic
> behind it?

> [...]
Is the presence of semi-colons going to be enough? We already have enough fun with colons in both
the title and sub-title (in the UK).

If this is one program which is actually two episodes, perhaps you might do better to try and get
the original scheduling data cleaned up before it hits myth. Do you use Schedules Direct? Perhaps
this is something they should be looking into.

--

Mike Perkins