[mythtv-users] No channel found with hdhomerun4 dvb-c

Yann Lehmann aristide at free-it.ch
Sat May 21 08:31:25 UTC 2016

Le 16. 05. 16 19:04, Yann Lehmann a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Last year I bought a HDHomerun 4dc to use with MythTV. It has 4 dvb-c
> tuners.
>
> I could scan channels from its web gui and watch tv either with VLC or
> directly on my tv (upnp).
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't scan channels from within MythTV.
>
> Recently, I set up a new system based on the latest Mythbuntu ISO
> (Ubuntu 16.04 with MythTV 0.28), hoping that scanning for dvb-c channels
> would work better.
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't.
>
> In fact, it is exactly like the last time I tried.

Just for the records;

The last try was successful.

I first did a "Full scan (tuned)" (with parameters from the cable
provider) that found only a few channels (the same as before).

Then I did a new scan with "scan all existing transports" and both
options 'Ignore Signal Timeout' and 'Search new Transports' selected.

This did it.