[mythtv-users] No channel found with hdhomerun4 dvb-c

Yann Lehmann aristide at free-it.ch
Mon May 16 17:04:06 UTC 2016

Hi

Last year I bought a HDHomerun 4dc to use with MythTV. It has 4 dvb-c
tuners.

I could scan channels from its web gui and watch tv either with VLC or
directly on my tv (upnp).

Unfortunately, I couldn't scan channels from within MythTV.

Recently, I set up a new system based on the latest Mythbuntu ISO
(Ubuntu 16.04 with MythTV 0.28), hoping that scanning for dvb-c channels
would work better.

Unfortunately, it doesn't.

In fact, it is exactly like the last time I tried.

My cable provider (UPC Cablecom) has the following information:

Network-id: 43019
Start frequency: 426000000
Modulation: QAM64
Symbolrate: 6900

The HDHomerun is detected fine on the system. All the tuners are
displayed in Mythtv-Setup. But the scan just fails.

Does someone on this list have been able to scan dvb-c channels with UPC
Cablecom somewhere ?

Could it be that the HDHomerun must be connected only to the backend in
order to scan channels ?

Thanks and regards
Yann