[mythtv-users] Nvidia ION unreliable HDHR Prime at gigabit speeds

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 22:25:21 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 9:25 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, my MythTV system only has one PCIe slot, and it's
> currently populated with a firewire card.   And I don't really see any
> options for more than one dissimilar devices on a single PCIe card.
> e.g. Gigabit + Firewire, or even USB 3.0 + Firewire.

Firewire is a (mostly) dead technology, especially for
new designs.

I suppose you could consider a USB2 <-> Ethernet
adapter.  It would not be "true" gigabit, but it would
likely double/triple the 100Mb/s link speed.

Realistically, the 100Mb/s is not a limit for recording
from a HDHR, as while (in theory) each stream could
be 38Mb/s, none (other than occasional stunt programming)
are, so even if all three streams were active, 100Mb/s
is sufficient.  Of course, that does not include other
activities.