[mythtv-users] Nvidia ION unreliable HDHR Prime at gigabit speeds

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 21:25:06 UTC 2016

On 2/27/16 3:20 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> There are various reported issues with that chipsets
> ethernet driver.  Try this (as root):
>
> # rmmod forcedeth
> # modprobe forcedeth msi=0 msix=0

I gave this a shot, but sadly it had no effect on the dropped packets
reported by hdhomerun_config.

I even played around with some of the options here:
http://helpful.knobs-dials.com/index.php/Forcedeth_notes , but all
seemed to have similar results.

For now, I suppose I may just switch back to 100Mbit.   While the
throughput is limited, there are no reported dropped packets.   It could
be that the forcedeth driver just doesn't work well, at least on my ION.
  I saw some mentions of an "nvnet" proprietary driver from nVidia, but
that doesn't seem to be supported in any modern Linux version.

Unfortunately, my MythTV system only has one PCIe slot, and it's
currently populated with a firewire card.   And I don't really see any
options for more than one dissimilar devices on a single PCIe card.
e.g. Gigabit + Firewire, or even USB 3.0 + Firewire.

Thanks
-WD