[mythtv-users] Updating to 0.28 and Mythbuntu 16.04.1

Andrew Potter andrew at potter.id.au
Sat Dec 3 06:47:58 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I tried a fresh install of mythbuntu 16.04.1 and had lots of issues so after
reading a Jim Abernathy's threads decided to make a clone of my production
system and update it.

Currently on 0.27 Fixes and 14.04.5.

Got the clone up and going but having trouble with the update to 0.28.

I enter MCC (Mythbuntu control centre) and select 0.28 in the repositories.
It warns me I am going to use a development branch.

Surely this is incorrect. So I hit the update repositories button then after
a short while I get an error, "URL Error : Failed to download new DB File"

Any ideas.

In Software & Updates Settings I have

 Canonical-supported free and aopen-source software (main)  and

Community-maintained free and open-source software (universe) and

Proprietry drivers for devices (restricted) and

Software restricted by copyright or legal issues (multiverse) all selected.

I have tried changing the source server to no avail!

Andrew