[mythtv-users] Motorola DCX3200-M

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 18:24:29 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 6:01 PM, John Marshall <mythtv at marshallparty.org> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the box I had was a DCX3200, not sure about the suffix.

I believe almost every port can be enabled/disabled via the MSO on the DCX
boxes.  I know that in the "states" that some MSOs will disable the
HDMI port if you do not pay the "HD" fee (they do that for their HD-DTAs
too).  And (depending on the firmware/enablement) whether the firewire
port works for channel changing can also be configured.

So, only Shaw customers can accurately answer the question(s) for the
OP as to what works, or does not work.  The CRTC in Canada has much
different requirements for their cable companies than the FCC in the
US.