[mythtv-users] MuMuDVB and MythTV

Charles Bovy charles.bovy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 12:13:33 UTC 2015

> Hi Charles, I have now (briefly) tested this (I've built up a test system
> so I can try things with less impact on my live system).
>
> Yes devel/027candidates seems to handle this configuration fine. I could
> channel change multiple times without problem. This was the specific
> version I tested:
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.27.5-31-g66c12f9
> MythTV Branch : devel/027candidates

Good to see another user having devel/027candidates working. Time to push
the two patches to fixes/027 :-)

However fixes/027 couldn’t seem to get a tune at all, only as far as TL__
> and then timeout after the nominal 30seconds. The version of fixes/027 I
> tested was:
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.27.5-42-gacd481d
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27

Correct, fixes/027 is not working with HTTP-TS.

> Master/028 still had the segfault in the backend on subsequent tunings,
> although the very first tune would succeed (I retested just in case I had
> done something different in the new build that altered things). Specific
> version tested was:
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.28-pre-3167-gd11f195
> MythTV Branch : master

I need to check master again. The patches which got into 027candidates are
backported from master originally.
Can you provide some backtraces of those segfaults?
paul-h can probably help here. He has done a lot of work on the HTTP TS
things (in combination with VBox support).

Regards,

Charles