[mythtv-users] MuMuDVB and MythTV

Mark perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 21 13:59:25 UTC 2015

Hi Charles, I have now (briefly) tested this (I've built up a test system so I can try things with less impact on my live system).

Yes devel/027candidates seems to handle this configuration fine. I could channel change multiple times without problem. This was the specific version I tested:
MythTV Version : v0.27.5-31-g66c12f9
MythTV Branch : devel/027candidates
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20150622-1
QT Version : 4.8.5
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libudf

However fixes/027 couldn’t seem to get a tune at all, only as far as TL__ and then timeout after the nominal 30seconds. The version of fixes/027 I tested was:
MythTV Version : v0.27.5-42-gacd481d
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20151025-1
QT Version : 4.8.5
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libudf

Master/028 still had the segfault in the backend on subsequent tunings, although the very first tune would succeed (I retested just in case I had done something different in the new build that altered things). Specific version tested was:
MythTV Version : v0.28-pre-3167-gd11f195
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 87
Library API : 0.28.20151024-1
QT Version : 5.5.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

Hope this helps somewhat.