[mythtv-users] cannot restore database

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:28:22 UTC 2015

There was a power cut at home while I was at work. I came back, restarted
the myth box and the frontend showed a white screen. Attempting to restart
frontend and/or backend didn't work. Neither did rebooting the machine
again. So I decided to restore the latest backup (I have a daily backup
from a cron job.) However, when I run the restore command, it gets stuck at
"dropping database", which shouldn't be the most time-consuming action.

What should I do?
I have tried running the below both before and after a
  sudo service mythtv-backend stop
but it made no difference.

mythconverg_restore.pl --drop_database --create_database --verbose
--filename  mythconverg-1317-20150220033002.sql.gz

Configuring environment:
  -    username: tv
  -        HOME: /home/tv
  - MYTHCONFDIR: /home/tv/.mythtv

Parsing configuration files:
  - checking: /home/tv/.mythtv/config.xml
     parsing: /home/tv/.mythtv/config.xml
  - checking: /home/tv/.mythtv/backuprc
     parsing: /home/tv/.mythtv/backuprc

Applying command-line arguments.

Checking configuration.

Database Information:
         DBHostName: localhost
             DBPort: 3306
         DBUserName: mythtv
         DBPassword: XXX
             DBName: mythconverg
        DBSchemaVer:
  DBBackupDirectory: /mnt/st4000b6/mythtv/db_backups/
   DBBackupFilename: mythconverg-1317-20150220033002.sql.gz
      drop_database: yes
    create_database: yes

Executables:
       mysql_client: mysql