[mythtv-users] Possible to have duplicate (but slightly-different) schedulesdirect lineup?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Fri Feb 20 02:38:37 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/19/15 1:16 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> > All you need is to use two "video sources" and two "inputs". I used to
> > have this back when the local channels were not encrypted, so one source
> > had only those channels and the other had all channels.
>
> Well that's the problem that I have.  I have multiple sources and
> multiple inputs.   However, each input must specify where to get its
> channel lineup from.   Currently I have them all share a single
> SchedulesDirect lineup.   And SchedulesDirect doesn't allow making a
> copy of the same lineup (with fewer selected channels).
>

> If SchedulesDirect is where the lineups come from, how would you modify
> channels so that one input has all of them, and the other inputs
> de-select a few of them?

I think in your case just making a second "Video Source" in MythTV which is
linked to the same SchedulesDirect account is your best bet. After you
create that second source, you need to use the Input Connections screen to
assign that Video Source to the HD HomeRun tuners. Then you can go to the
Channel Editor for that second Video Source and mark the premium channels
(and others which are not tunable by the HDHR) as invisible. That will
prevent Myth from trying to schedule on those channels for those inputs.

Karl