[mythtv-users] Possible to have duplicate (but slightly-different) schedulesdirect lineup?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:55:04 UTC 2015

On 2/19/15 9:38 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
> I think in your case just making a second "Video Source" in MythTV which
> is linked to the same SchedulesDirect account is your best bet. After
> you create that second source, you need to use the Input Connections
> screen to assign that Video Source to the HD HomeRun tuners.

Well wouldn't you know... that's exactly what I needed to do!   Somehow
I missed the part about creating an additional Video Source.   Creating
a new one called FIOS-Free (and associating it with the HDHR tuners)
allowed me to do exactly what I wanted.   Both sources use the same
SchedulesDirect lineup, but having a separate one in mythtv-setup allows
me to independently edit channels available.

After I attempted the above the first time there were a few channels
that had "NO DATA" listed in mythweb.  Despite wiping out the program
table and doing a mythfilldatabase with a "--dd-grab-all" it still had
the same problem.   I ended up blasting out both video sources and
starting from scratch and now everything is fine.

In mysql, I also increased the priority of channels that look like
they're maybe HD:
update channel set recpriority = 1 where callsign like '%HD%';

I'm guessing that that sort of thing doesn't happen automatically.

But anyway, it all seems good now.   No duplicated channels in the
lineup, and the system knows which channels aren't available on the HDHR.

Thanks!
-WD