[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct Download Failures

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:43:28 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Robert Eden <rmeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up guys..
>
> I checked the SD DNS servers and I was still set up for a 5 minute TTL.   I
> did that when the SD-DD transition was going on and DNS kept changing.
> Things have been stable for a while.  I bumped TTL to 24 hours.  Not sure if
> this will help in this case, but I don't see any harm.  I'm thinking it may
> be too long (especially with caching), but what the heck.  If I know changes
> are coming I'll shorten it.
>
> I also noticed that we only have 2 dns servers.

I believe that was pointed out a number of months ago as a
somewhat less than ideal configuration, at least in some
environments and scenarios.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/580337#580337

And while adding appropriate secondaries is goodness, I am
not convinced that that is actually the cause for all the
reported issues.  But, as you say, it can only improve
things, and eliminates one potential cause.