[mythtv-users] Ceton ETH6

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 22:25:37 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You need a better junk box.
>>
>> 5VDC/3A?  Really?  I get dinged for that?  :-)
>
> NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE: You should check
> your eth6 label on the bottom, but I could have
> sworn that that device used a 12V supply.
>
> Check before using a 5V 3A supply.

Oh, and btw, should the reason you got a good
deal was because that 5V supply did not work
for the seller, you might check your spare(*)
cable modem power supply (or your STB
power supply) which are sometimes 12V with
a similar barrel connector to perform your
testing......

(*) Because everyone should have a spare.
Cable modems (and their power supplies)
die when you least want them too.