[mythtv-users] Ceton ETH6

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 21:57:32 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>>> It didn't come with paper or a CD; just the power cord (which,
>>> at 3A, is a good thing; not too many of *those* in my junk box...)
>>
>> You need a better junk box.
>
> 5VDC/3A?  Really?  I get dinged for that?  :-)

NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE: You should check
your eth6 label on the bottom, but I could have
sworn that that device used a 12V supply.

Check before using a 5V 3A supply.

And in any case, absolutely you get dinged.
I have (in my "just in case" power brick bucket),
numerous (high quality) switching supplies that
can provided 5V (some at 2A, some at 4A), and
numerous supplies for 12v (some at 2A, some at
2.67A (there is a reason for that)), and a number
of -48V supplies (mostly for PoE, but a few for
SIP phones).  You can never have too many power
bricks.  You can easily (in the middle of the crisis)
not have enough, as any network engineer understands.....