[mythtv-users] IguanaIR configuration

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 05:45:21 UTC 2015

On 30/08/15 23:48, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 30/08/15 22:14, George Nassas wrote:
>> On Aug 29, 2015, at 1:24 PM, Mike Perkins

> Yeah. I did all that. The only difference I have is: LOAD_MODULES=false,
> and that is specified by their instructions (the copy I have, anyway) to
> prevent the kernel driver loading.
>
> igdaemon test works, and as I mentioned, I can /transmit/ codes okay.
>
> However, I get nothing at all when I run irw.

First of all, to use the iguana userspade driver (i. e, igdaemon) you
need to blacklist the kernel iguanair driver; it might hijack the input.

With this done the proper test tool is mode2, using the iguanair driver.
Yoe need to look at what lircd gets from the kernel before looking into
what it produces using irw.

Cheers!

--alec