[mythtv-users] IguanaIR configuration

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 23:25:51 UTC 2015

On 08/30/2015 05:48 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 30/08/15 22:14, George Nassas wrote:
>> On Aug 29, 2015, at 1:24 PM, Mike Perkins
>> <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> The version of LIRC which is available to me is 0.9.0~pre1 which
>>> doesn't have the iguanaIR driver in it. Fortunately the instructions
>>> on downloading (Debian) source and building LIRC with the hooks
>>> works OK. I now have a LIRC daemon working which should in theory
>>> talk to the iguanaIR daemon.
>>
>> I do the same steps to get and iguanaIR driver. You can verify that
>> it is indeed finding the igdaemon by grepping /var/log/daemon.log for
>> a line like:
>>
>>      lircd-0.9.0-pre1[1363]: lircd(iguanaIR) ready, using
>> /var/run/lirc/lircd
>>
>> You can also test at the igdaemon level to be sure it’s seeing your
>> remote, use the instructions at
>> http://www.iguanaworks.net/2012/igclient-examples/
>> <http://www.iguanaworks.net/2012/igclient-examples/>
>>
>> Their site used to have a useful faq but they did a reorg and took
>> away the useful info. Their support ticketing system used to be
>> publicly viewable and very helpful but that’s gone too. Sometimes you
>> can pick up hits from google’s caches for as long as that lasts.
>>
>> Anyway see if the igdaemon sees your remote and we can go from there.
>> For what it’s worth my hardware.conf contains only:
>>
>>     LOAD_MODULES=true
>>     DRIVER="iguanaIR"
>>
>> and I’m not even sure if the load modules part is necessary.
>>
> Yeah. I did all that. The only difference I have is:
> LOAD_MODULES=false, and that is specified by their instructions (the
> copy I have, anyway) to prevent the kernel driver loading.
>
> igdaemon test works, and as I mentioned, I can /transmit/ codes okay.
>
> However, I get nothing at all when I run irw.

I have an iguanaIR but I no longer use it. However it worked fine for
both receiving and transmitting. The only problem I had was that
sometimes the firmware would not load at startup and I would have to
restart the daemon.

This is what I had in  /etc/lirc/hardware.conf:
REMOTE_DRIVER="iguanaIR"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/iguanaIR/0"
START_LIRCD="true"

I had to build lirc myself because the one in the Ubuntu repository did
not have the Iguana option compiled in.

I have all the instructions that I followed, let me know if you need me
to send them to you.

Peter