[mythtv-users] mythtv dropping mysql???

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Oct 17 06:30:38 UTC 2014

On 17.10.2014 01:03, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Nick Rout<nick.rout at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
>> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Now, if you found the services API was not meeting your
>>> needs, that is a different issue.
>>
>> OK I'll bite. How do I get a list of commercial cut points from the
>> Services API. It may be there, but I haven't found it.
>
> I seem to recall that are patches for that (I do not recall
> if it they been reviewed or applied to master).  I believe there
> was some discussion regarding the best approach forward.
> Perhaps you can review the tickets, and provide your
> testing results and feedback (or completely new code,
> as appropriate).

Now that is something that makes me sad personally. The author of the
new XBMC PVR for MythTV has come up with patches, but besides some
discussion it has not been acted upon them, yet.

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/query?status=!closed&reporter=^jlbarriere68%40

Nick, I agree with Gary here, you appear to be active on both project's
communities, maybe you can arrange for some review, testing and
reporting back about the greatness that lies in these patches. Thus
driving attention away from the guide provider drama of the last days
towards actual stuff that brings the project forward for everyone.

Regards,
Karl