[mythtv-users] mythtv dropping mysql???

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 23:03:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
>>> Seems like whenever I add channel icons I have to tweak things in the
>>> database.
>>>
>>> This last round of channels I added all came as transparent png's which made
>>> many of the logo's hard to see in my theme so I used ImageMagick to resize
>>> and convert them to .jpg's with a white background, then updated the
>>> database to replace all of the '.png' with '.jpg'.  Sure I could have taken
>>> my system offline and used mythtv-setup to change the icon file names on the
>>> few dozen channels...  but DB access saved me tons of time and allowed me to
>>> make the changes while the system was up and running.
>>
>> There is a services API for that.  I can understand the hammer
>> problem, but that is not a reason to not change.
>>
>> Now, if you found the services API was not meeting your
>> needs, that is a different issue.
>
> OK I'll bite. How do I get a list of commercial cut points from the
> Services API. It may be there, but I haven't found it.

I seem to recall that are patches for that (I do not recall
if it they been reviewed or applied to master).  I believe there
was some discussion regarding the best approach forward.
Perhaps you can review the tickets, and provide your
testing results and feedback (or completely new code,
as appropriate).