[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 05:50:46 UTC 2014

On 10/5/2014 12:08 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I'm ready for more testing of my replacement Data Direct service.
> Another anecdotal data point...  I just tried the beta service
> and mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all hitting dd.schedulesdirect.org
> seems to occasionally return a 504 Gateway TImeout (which
> results in a download error message).  Seems to work some
> of the time.  Perhaps the 60 second limit is not adequate
> for my lineup (or the "beta" service is being overloaded by
> all the testers).  Presumably your logs will tell you more.

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't see any 504 errors from the Amazon load balancer, but I did up the connection timeout limit.  The vast majority of
downloads take less than 10 seconds.  The only exception is the first one against the new service that has to fetch your lineup from Tribune.

I've added some additional logging to the load balancer.  Please let me know if it happens again (and when, including a timezone)

Robert