[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 06:28:21 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 5:50 AM, Robert Eden <rmeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've added some additional logging to the load balancer.  Please let me know
> if it happens again (and when, including a timezone)

Thanks for the out of support hours response.

The download has successfully worked 5 out of 5 tests
(which is good enough to declare "success" for the
moment (yes, I know I do not have enough previous
data to properly generate the various distribution
curves to prove anything)).

I note that for my lineup, a successful download takes
right around 60 seconds (and since my network connection
is quite fast, most of that time was wait time), so
the previous 60 second gateway limit was probably right
on the edge for my particular lineup.

btw, I always report things using UTC.  Old habits from piloting
and networking days (in both cases, a common time reference
is critical for proper event correlation).  Almost every
device I own displays UTC (although I do agree to change
the clock in the guest room during the period when certain
people visit; they complained they had no idea whether they
should be awake or asleep, or when to set the alarm.  My
explanation was not entirely acceptable).

Thanks.

Gary