[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase fails on mariadb

Darwin O'Connor doconno at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:15:50 UTC 2014

Craig,

I wasn't the one who contacted you about problems connecting to mariadb. I
did contact you about firewire on Mac OS X the other day.

However I did have problems getting mythbackend to connect to mariadb. It
seems it was trying to connect to the mysql sock file instead of the
mariadb one and I couldn't find where that was configured. I fixed it by
changing the hostname in the config.xml file to 10.0.0.10.

I have switched the hostname back to localhost and the problems connecting
and the problem with mythfilldatabase seem to have disappeared so far.
Maybe the reboot fixed it.