[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase fails on mariadb

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Nov 3 18:01:31 UTC 2014

At 12:15 PM -0500 11/3/14, Darwin O'Connor wrote:
>Craig,
>
>I wasn't the one who contacted you about problems connecting to
>mariadb. I did contact you about firewire on Mac OS X the other day.

My apologies.  Too many emails in the last couple of weeks; thought
you were someone else.

>However I did have problems getting mythbackend to connect to
>mariadb. It seems it was trying to connect to the mysql sock file
>instead of the mariadb one and I couldn't find where that was
>configured. I fixed it by changing the hostname in the config.xml
>file to 10.0.0.10.

Normally socket problems are because there is an /etc/my.cnf file
that is overriding /opt/local/etc/mariadb/my.cnf .  If you have such,
please either rename or remove it.

>I have switched the hostname back to localhost and the problems
>connecting and the problem with mythfilldatabase seem to have
>disappeared so far. Maybe the reboot fixed it.

What did you change:  /opt/local/var/mythtvuser/.mythtv/config.xml ?
This is the file used by the backend and its children (including
mythfilldatabase when run automatically).

Craig