[mythtv-users] Mythweb Headaches

David B. LeGendre dblegend at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 21:01:36 UTC 2014

I recently upgraded my myth install and operating system from .24 to .27
and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to LMDE UP8.  The only major change between this
install and my last is that my mythconverg username and password have
changed - I made sure to update them in the config.xml.  Using the new
credentials, my database and settings export / import went fine, and
everything seems to be working correctly.  Everything, that is, except for
mythweb.

When I point my browser to 127.0.0.1/mythweb, I get a blank page with a
single link called "MythTV" that links back at 127.0.0.1/mythweb.  I have
been through the /etc/mythtv/mythweb.conf and
/etc/mythtv/mythweb-mysql.conf files several times to no avail.  The
apache2 error log doesn't show any issues.  It's acting like the PHP
Rewrite engine is disabled, but I can confirm that it is definitely
working.  I have also confirmed that apache mod_env is currently installed
and active.

I have spent the better part of the day looking for solutions, but it seems
that only one other person has posted anything similar to this issue.  That
post is here:

The result of that thread is inconclusive.  Does anyone have any experience
dealing with something like this?

-Dave