[mythtv-users] uPnP

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Jun 26 01:56:34 UTC 2014

On 26 Jun 2014, at 1:46 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>>> I feel like an idiot. I?ve been running myth for years, doing
>>> automatic DB upgrades since 0.18
>>> I needed to, and did drop mythconverg DB. I?m putting it back.
>>>
>>> My uPnP client (samsung TV) sees the network server but sees no videos
>>> or recordings.
>>> My frontends work normally and see both recordings and videos.
>>> What have I missed? I?ve read the Wiki which implies that uPnP is now
>>> plug-n-play. I?ve poored throuh both mythtv-setup and the backends
>>> frontend (not normally used)
>>>
>>> The client reports ?No such Device? and displays no files. The logs do
>>> not mention uPnP. If nobody has suggestions I will hunt with wireshark
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> James
>>
>> I tried google mythtv samsung upnp
>>
>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10696
>>
>> www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2013-September/073696.html
>>
>> might suggest some kind of action.
>>
>> John P
>
> ... and if you want a log, try issuing 'mythbackend --setverbose
> none,upnp' with a running backend.  Lots of info there...  The
> difficulty is knowing what it _ought_ to be doing :-)

John thanks for the tip on logging.

The logs were not good to show “something wrong”
I used THIS version (built here) fixes/0.27 [v0.27-229-g9f353cc-dirty]
with THIS tv before I dropped the DB. All worked so something configured or misconfigure must be the cause after I rebuilt the DB.

If anybody has uPnP working and can say
<for example>
Set DEFAULT storage
Set Video storage