[mythtv-users] mythcommflag decoding error

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Thu Jun 26 01:19:08 UTC 2014

I'm running MythTV 0.27.1 from www.deb-multimedia.org.  I'm getting the
following error in /var/log/mythtv/mythcommflag, about 100 times per
second:

mythcommflag[16614]: E Decoder avformatdecoder.cpp:4893 (GetFrame)
decoding error

Needless to say, commercial flagging is not working.

I reported this on the package maintainer's email support list.  His
reply follows, but I'm not sure what to do about this.

Seems to be a know problem. From the source code line 4892/4893 :

,----
| // If the resolution changed in XXXPreProcessPkt, we may
| // have a fatal error, so check for this before continuing.
`----

Any help would be appreciated.

-Rob