[mythtv-users] HDMI output lost when TV is power cycled

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 04:55:14 UTC 2014

On 13 June 2014 14:52, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, using a mac mini running ubuntu 14.04 LTS connected to a TV via
> HDMI.  For some reason, when I turn off the TV, the on again, the mini stops
> displaying over the HDMI.  The TV shows "no signal". I try pressing buttons
> on the keyboard and the display never comes back up.  When I hit the power
> and ubuntu goes through the shutdown sequence, I can see the shutdown splash
> screen.  When I power on the mini again with the TV already on, everything
> is working again.

this was discussed here not long ago.

you are probably using nvidia drivers (mid-2010 mini?)

create a configuration with nvidia-xconfig if you haven't done so

then add to the "Device" section:
Option         "UseHotplugEvents" "false"

You will also probably want to look into the CustomEDID option, so you
can boot and start the mini without having to have the TV first on