[mythtv-users] HDMI output lost when TV is power cycled

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 04:52:29 UTC 2014

Hi all, using a mac mini running ubuntu 14.04 LTS connected to a TV via
HDMI.  For some reason, when I turn off the TV, the on again, the mini
stops displaying over the HDMI.  The TV shows "no signal". I try pressing
buttons on the keyboard and the display never comes back up.  When I hit
the power and ubuntu goes through the shutdown sequence, I can see the
shutdown splash screen.  When I power on the mini again with the TV already
on, everything is working again.

I am wondering how to prevent the display from going away when the TV is
power cycled.  Also any pointers on how to troubleshoot this issue?