[mythtv-users] OT: Problems with two hard drive controllers with an ASUS P5Q-E motherboard

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Fri Jan 24 14:02:45 UTC 2014

Thank you Juhani and Roger for your input.

I did in fact have the card installed in the PCIe 2.0 slot.  I tried
changing the port used on the card and several other things but was unable
to get it working.  I keep getting errors.  Once, I thought I'd figured
things out, and then I couldn't reboot or shutdown the machine from the
command line, and mysql threw errors.

I saw a post on a Debian mailing list pointing to problems with the
Marvell 88SE9230
chipset.  I haven't found much out.  I'm running a 3.12.8 kernel on Fedora
20.   Here's the link to the list if anyone is following:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2013/04/msg00085.html  It looks like
the problem is unresolved.

I'm not sure where to go with this one.  I don't have an extra system to
run any tests with different kernels.  I'm going to return the card, since
I have a working card that only lacks an HDD Activity LED header.  I think
I'll just put up with the lack of information for now until I outfit a new
system.

At least I have a working system until then!

Thanks!
Jerry