[mythtv-users] Upgrading from .20 to .27

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Jan 12 19:27:23 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Lord Kage" <lordkage at gmail.com>

> I am finally updating my now dying FC6 boxes with MythTV .20 on them.

> jump, and I was unable find anything useful. The few instructions I
> found
> were for .24 to .26, which I believe to not be completely relevant. I
> am
> mainly interested in keeping the information in the Database and how
> transition the machines.

Well, my first observation, which is probably obvious in any event, is
this:

    I hope none of your recordings are on your boot drive.  :-)

Cause the easiest baseline to do this with will be "build new boot disks
with the new OS and DBMS (and probably) Myth, so that you can keep your
old ones intact".

Obviously, if you have media on your boot disks, this is harder.

Other than that, most of it will hinge on what the install/upgrade
scripts do when then find a DB schema that old, and I can't speak to
that myself.

Cheers,
-- jra