[mythtv-users] Upgrading from .20 to .27

Lord Kage lordkage at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 19:11:58 UTC 2014

Morning all,

I am finally updating my now dying FC6 boxes with MythTV .20 on them. I
currently have a fronend/backend and a backend only configuration. I am
planning to move to a frontend/backend configuration on CentOS 6 when I
upgrade using just the case from the existing frontend/backend. All other
hardware will be decommissioned. All drives and encoder cards will not be
used in the new system due to increasing failures and incompatibilities.

I searched google a number of times looking for how to upgrade such a large
jump, and I was unable find anything useful. The few instructions I found
were for .24 to .26, which I believe to not be completely relevant. I am
mainly interested in keeping the information in the Database and how to
transition the machines.

Machine setup:

Backend only:
 - Database