[mythtv-users] Recommendations for HDTV?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Dec 29 17:53:02 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 12:18:00PM -0800, Karl Newman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My wife and I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that it's time to
> enter the HD age, so we're looking for a TV. I'm interested in
> recommendations from the MythTV community, specifically pitfalls (or

    Here is a graphic to consider. It's a graph of screen sizes versus
viewing distances and percieved visual improvement. My own experience
lines up nicely with it.

    http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/data/2089333/4/4c/4cd4431b_200ppdengleski.png

    I have a respectable size set in the living room that is not particularly
impressive when displaying HD because of the long viewing distance versus screen
size.