[mythtv-users] Netflix integration

John Marshall mythtv at marshallparty.org
Tue Dec 23 15:51:38 UTC 2014

On 12/23/2014 9:32 AM, Joseph Fry wrote:
> works.  Getting Chrome to open and play netflix isn't hard... its
> getting the remote to work that became very difficult, considering that
> the netflix web interface completely lacks decent keyboard support or
> even a simple cursor to show what movie is selected.

http://lifehacker.com/flix-plus-customizes-netflix-to-your-hearts-desire-1640968001

I played with this extension (which adds keyboard controls) and got some
rudimentary support for the remote working.  I believe you can see which
movie is selected.  It works okay for movies but for shows a selection
just starts playing an episode.  There's no way to select a
season/episode with the remote that I figured out.  It is still easier
just to switch to the bluray player for Netflix, especially when it is
mainly the kids using it and I don't want to support it.