[mythtv-users] Netflix integration

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Dec 23 15:32:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 4:56 AM, Chad Parry <spam at chad.parry.org> wrote:
>
>>  I've integrated Netflix streaming (and Amazon Instant Video) into my
>> MythTV frontend. It's a great experience now that Netflix is supported in
>> native Chrome browsers. The scripts and instructions are in the wiki topic  Netflix
>> Native Integration
>> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Netflix_Native_Integration>. They should get
>> you up and running pretty quickly. Please send me feedback or update the
>> wiki if you see any problems.
>>

> I feel like the following piece of information should be more prominently
> featured:
>
> These instructions assume that you built and installed MythTV yourself. If
> you used a binary installation, you will need to reinstall MythTV
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Initial_Installation#Getting_and_compiling_the_source_code>
> to get these features.

Agreed, I got excited there for a min.

Also, there is a complete lack of information about how this integration
works.  Getting Chrome to open and play netflix isn't hard... its getting
the remote to work that became very difficult, considering that the netflix
web interface completely lacks decent keyboard support or even a simple
cursor to show what movie is selected.

Please provide a lot more information about what your custom code does...
it may be worth compiling for, but I'm not going to take that leap without
more details.