[mythtv-users] one recording keeps failing

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 13:50:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 23:08:00 +1000
Vincent McIntyre <vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings mythizens,
>
> I have a strange issue that I wanted to report in case it is a bug.
> The system is mythbuntu 12.04 LTS with 0.27-fixes, all up to date.
> There is one tuner card with two tuners. myth is configured with
> one additional virtual tuner per physical tuner, so 'Tuner Status'
> lists four tuners.

Our setups are similar.  I think that we are even having trouble with
the same program.

1)  Each physical tuner can handle five virtual tuners, so you should
be able to capture everything on the ABC and SBS including NITV.

2)  What if /The Seven Thirty Report/ had its name "7.30" interpreted
as a decimal number instead of a string?

3)  I bet that your four current virtual tuners are ordered oddly.
(Read that as wrongly.)  That seems to be catching lots of people.

Can you fire up mysql with "mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg",
<password>, and "select cardinputid, cardid, schedorder, livetvorder
from cardinput;"?  Get out of it with "quit".  The password is probably
in ~/.mythtv/* .

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

--
testing
bP