[mythtv-users] one recording keeps failing

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 13:07:58 UTC 2014

Greetings mythizens,

I have a strange issue that I wanted to report in case it is a bug.
The system is mythbuntu 12.04 LTS with 0.27-fixes, all up to date.
There is one tuner card with two tuners. myth is configured with
one additional virtual tuner per physical tuner, so 'Tuner Status'
lists four tuners.

The symptom is that one particular program appears to start recording
just fine but at the end of the scheduled recording time is marked as
failed. I get a zero-length file displayed in the list of recordings.
The show in question is a news broadcast, at the same time each day
(1900-1935). More mysteriously, the recording sometimes 'works'.

Even more mysteriously, a recording that starts on the other tuner,
at 1930, on the same channel in the same multiplex, works just fine.
Further, a recording starting at 2000 on the first tuner, also on
that same channel in the same multiplex, also works just fine.
These events can all be seen in the log file linked below.

I've turned on some debug logging, in /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf:
   /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv --daemon \
   -v channel,chanscan,eit,record,schedule --loglevel debug

A complete mythbackend.log, from system boot onward, is here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Uoq3VrNrkRNjRfQm85dUpHOTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Can anyone see what could be going wrong in that log file?

I suspect I could fix this by just deleting the recording rule
and recreating it but I wanted to give a bit of time for poking
and prodding first.

Vince

$ mythbackend  --version
MythTV Version : v0.27.3-111-g5c76f33
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140718-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2