[mythtv-users] Play ASX streams from Win7 installation

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Sat Sep 14 15:19:48 UTC 2013

I'm trying to watch the ASX stream from mythweb (.25), on a new Windows 7 installation.

Clicking the ASX links in chrome causes a small XML file to download, which I then have to open to start viewing.  Then WMP opens and reports it cant play the file because of an unknown codec.

I googled this topic and so I installed FFDSHOW...hoping this would install the missing codec, but no luck.

Can someone tell me where to get the missing codecs for Windows?