[mythtv-users] high cpu (100%) in mythfrontend when idle

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Sun Sep 15 02:27:18 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 14 September 2013 23:40, Khanh Tran <khanh at khanh.net> wrote:
> > I'm running several different frontends on Ubuntu 12.04 and they all
> seem to
> > have the same issue with 0.26-fixes now.  When idle (just on the menu,
> > doesn't matter what theme), the CPU spikes to 100% and mythfrontend -v
> most
> > logs the following endlessly.  Any ideas?
>
> are you starting mythfrontend with the -p option? (that lets you
> select which backend to use)...
> there's a bug open for that one:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11666

No, it turns out running with --noupnp fixes the high cpu issue on the
frontend.  I experienced this on the mythbackend too, which was also
alleviated by turning off upnp.  I'm not sure when or how this issue
started, but I recently added a Windows 8 laptop at approximately the same
time.  Nothing else on my network has changed recently.