[mythtv-users] Zotac ID41 as frontend

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Tue May 28 09:37:38 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I am planning to change my old frontend and repleace it with a Zotac
ID41 ION1 based box.

I have some questions about it:

1. I read on the official Zotac web that it support 2x204-pin DDR2-800
SO-DIMM. Do you recommend to use both slots? Is enough with 2x1GB
(DDR2-800)?

2. I will add a 8GB SSD drive for the OS, is this enough?

3. I have a MCE receiver to control the frontend, will I power on the
device from remote?

I will appreciate any help or recommendation about this device? I read
on this list that some of you use it. I want to use for 1080i
recordings and livetv.

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano