[mythtv-users] ?Card?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Jun 17 15:26:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-17, at 9:13 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> No matchy, but after I physically pulled the kWorld card, and did another lspci line 04:01.0 did not present. does that mean linux sees the kWorld as a Phillips SAA7131/3/5?

Yup, it looks like it. I started poking around to get a bit more informed and happened on this: https://linuxtv.org/patch/9961/ it looks like somebody made a driver for that card but it’s not in the kernel or even the linuxtv tree yet. It’s slightly possible your distro incorporates the patch. To check: put the card back in and do a "modprobe rc-kworld-pc150u” which checks for the new IR driver created for the 150U. There are some additional changes in the patch but they’re against the existing saa7134 driver so the only sure way to know is the presence or absence of the rc-kworld-pc150u module.

Most likely you don’t have rc-kworld-pc150u so you’ll have to get kernel sources for your distro, apply the kworld patch, build, install, pass go, and collect $200. It’s not exactly a cakewalk but it’s a common activity which ought to be well documented.

- George